Sunday 12 August 2007

Summery chicken breasts with quinoa salad

I took a stroll down to the farmer's market yesterday, and picked up some lovely organic apple cider. I was in the mood to cook a light summery meal after getting back from Spain. I had some delicious smelling fresh nectarines, fresh mint and organic chicken breasts (from the brilliant butcher - Moens in Clapham). I marinated the chicken breasts in the cider, thyme, lemon and garlic and then put it in the fridge for about 45min. I first seared the chicken breasts in the pan before baking them in the oven. The salad: quinoa (leave to cool before mixing in with the other ingredients), courgette ribbons, fresh mint, a mix of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and pine nuts and, of course, the diced nectarines. Served with a yoghurt and mint sauce and washed down with a crisp white wine. Delicious.

No comments: