Monday 9 July 2007

Lunch at Zetter

I had a business lunch at The Zetter today, and while I've been there for cocktails before, I hadn't eaten there so I was rather looking forward to it.

To start I had "Grilled Green Asparagus With Poached Egg, Teruel D O Serrano Ham & Truffle Dressing" followed by the "Pan Fried Sea Bream With Braised Salisify, Rocket Pesto & Clam Ragout".

The starter had a generous amount of the Serrano ham on the plate, although strangely light on the asparagus. And the asparagus tips were peeled, which I thought to be a little strange considering they were quite young and tender. An all round good dish.

My main course was also lovely. The sea bass was pan-fried perfectly, with the skin being lovely and crunchy and the clams delicious. The 'braised salisify' - which I do admit to not having eaten before today - was more of a novelty vegetable than an automatic first choice. I do think there were a few other vegetables that could easily have worked as well - including something like pak choi if there was a need to bring a bit of fusion into the dish. We ordered a few sides - roasted new potatoes (far too salty but crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside), rocket and Parmesan salad (
undressed and as you would expect) and then wilted spinach, which I think had some sort of light soy dressing.

Lunch was finished off with a decent double espresso (no sugar).

No comments: