Thursday 5 July 2007

A day at Market Kitchen

I met Matthew Fort today, and I did develop a bit of a (non-sexual, of course) crush on him during Great British Menu. He is absolutely lovely, and incredibly funny. Tom Parker-Bowles is also rather lovely, and Jeremy Lee is very, very camp but a great chef. I was filming for Market Kitchen, and while that deserves a post all in its own, it did re-ignite the foodie fire in me.

I really enjoyed meeting Rose Grimond, who has given up acting and has started a business supplying food from the Orkney Islands (http://www.orkneyrose.com/). She sells her produce at Borough, and we got so deep into conversation about Borough, its alliance with the wonderful Boqueria market in Barcelona, that she almost missed her queue to answer Matthew Ford's question.

Such a lovely day out!

No comments: